The Unconscious Bias training for Managers course has been created for Managers and Leaders to learn about responsibilities as a leader and learn how not to let unconscious biases impact your decisions. This IIRSM approved course will help you identify , challenge, and reduce bias in the workplace to create a more diverse and open organisation.
Who should do this eLearning?
This course is suitable for anyone in a management position, HR, Recruitment and Senior customer service personal.
- What unconscious biases are
- Common types and how they are formed
- How the mind works, how it stores information and how it creates negative biases
- Short exercises to get you thinking about you and your workplace
- 4 Key areas for tackling bias
- Stereotyping, body language
- The dangers of making assumptions
- Best practise for short listing CV’s
- Conducting interviews and promoting staff
- Common mistakes made when managers rely on their unconscious bias to help with decisions
- Team Dynamics and the importance of Inclusive Culture
- Tools to use after you’ve completed the course