The purpose of this course is to give those working with children a confident knowledge of first aid involving children, and encompassing many of the common injuries and ailments common to a childcare environment.In conjunction with successful completion of the instructor-led section of this course, this will result in an Early Years Foundation Stage and OFSTED compliant Paediatric First Aid Certificate.This eLearning course is self-paced, although we recommend it takes around 6 hours to complete.
Who should do this eLearning?
The course is suitable for those working in registered early years provision and anybody working with children from birth to 8 years.
- Introduction to First Aid, and the roles, requirements, and expectations of you, as a first aider.
- The Primary Survey and contacting the Emergency Services.
- CPR and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) on casualties of all ages.
- The Secondary Survey, the Recovery Position, and how to counter the effects of Shock.
- Measures to take with suspected spinal injuries, and how to treat head injuries
- Accidents and injuries arising from unwanted interaction between a child and their environment.
- How to deal with and treat common types of wound and injury, from splinters to broken bones.
- Injuries and conditions of the ears, eyes, nose and teeth.
- A look at some common (and not so common) childhood conditions and illnesses and their effects.